Sunday, July 4, 2010

America the Beautiful

A few weeks ago I was inspired by Belinda Chang when she mentioned using old choir music to make a project (here). Edited to add: and Gabi (here) with her use of a page from a hymnal. I have an old hymnal that contains some of my most beloved music - and I have a scanner! I thought, hmmmm. Maybe I could scan and "age" the page of music to use for a card! It's taking a little tweaking to get the size of the page just right . . . but my hymnal is intact and I have several favorites songs in jpg file format now to print out when I need them. :-)

You can check out the awesome tutorial for the 3D starts by Heidi Van Laar (here) Thanks Heidi!

I'm heading to the craft room - I hope to get some actual scrapbooking done today. It's certainly too hot to do anything else! Hope your 4th is fabulous!
Hugs!

9 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Oh my goodness, Sharli, your card is absolutely gorgeous. I love it and love that you scanned a page from a hymnal to create your background paper. OUTSTANDING! The 3-D stars are wonderful, too.

Enjoy your time in your craft room! You deserve it, friend.

Karen B. said...

I feel like I'm reliving yesterday with this beautiful card. While at church and the end of the homily, our priest asked us to join him in on the first verse listed on your card and it gave me chill bumps to hear everyone join in without written verse in front of us. I love the pops of red and the hue of blue you chose. Hope you are having a wonderful fourth and can get some scrapbooking done.

Jamie Harder said...

LOVE the music paper! And that star is fabulous!!

Carla said...

What a FABULOUS card!! Love it!
Happy 4th of July to you . . . from a Canadian blogging friend :-)

Gabriela said...

Oh Sharli - how sweet of you to link to my blog. Your card turned out fantastic and I adore your idea of scanning the hymnal and aging or distressing the page yourself. Such creativity! I love your card.

Carolyn said...

Sharli this card is gorgeous!! I love the idea about scanning the hymnal page. I'm inspired to make one.

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, this is gorgeous, Sharli!! I love those stars (enter it in this weeks' Stamp Simply challenge!), and that wonderful scanned image.

This has to be one of my very favorite Sharli-cards!

Leslie said...

You are most clever using your scanner to make your B&T. Love it.

Deb Neerman said...

Like Karen said, I feel like I'm reliving yesterday! LOLOL!

Well, Sweetie, I said it before and I'll say it again: this is gorgeous! One of my fav's!

Thanks for joining us in this week's Stamp Simply "Stars" Challenge!

Sending hugs!!