Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Yeah, more Ya-Ya


The top layout is on the left side in the album. Many (most?) of my pages have "flip-flaps" on the outside of the page protector. What this does is allow me to have a base layout (like you see here) and where there is, say the bottom layout, yellow flower - layered over it will be two more photos of the flowers in the garden. I didn't try to photograph them because the page protectors reflect the flash terribly. So, you'll have to take my word for it (unless you're local - then you will get to see my book on Sunday!)

Oh - where is this? Well, in the same town were we found the "We Olive" we visited one of the fabulous old missions. This one was call Mission San Buenaventura. The garden was just GORGEOUS. I used the pamphlet in my scrap-layout because it tells the history of the mission.

I have a ragin' headache tonight. I will keep this short and go early to bed.
Hope you have a terrific Thursday tomorrow!
Hugs!

7 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

Another fabulous LO, Sharli! Love the photos and that terrific DP ... they look wonderful with your photos!

Scossie Jane said...

Sharli, your Ya Ya album looks fantastic. Each page is beautiful, what treasured memories of a wonderful trip.

Hugs xx

Jeanne said...

Beautiful, calm and serene. What a lovely remembrance of a fabulous trip you are creating!

Hope your headache has subsided and you are ready to have a terrific day!

Alanna said...

More gorgeous layouts. I wish I lived locally to you so I could see the whole thing in its entirety.

Sorry to hear about the headache. Hopefully some sleep helped. Have a great day friend!

Karen B. said...

I sincerely hope that your headache has left the building! Anther fabulous set of layouts, this book must be gorgeous.

Leslie said...

Beautiful layout. Love the paper. I never thought of putting the flip flaps on the outside of the page protector. I just cut slits in the page protector and fed them through as I was putting it into the protector. Aren't you the clever girl.
Hope your headache goes away as you rest. Tomorrow's Friday Thank God. -grins-

Unknown said...

Loverly layouts, Sharli! I like how you incorporated the pamphlet on the page, & your photos are beautiful! Flip Flaps are my fave CTMH item, and now we can use 12 inch wide ones too!

"Headache, be gone!" Sleep well!