Saturday, July 31, 2010

Wedding card revisited

I like this one MUCH better. It almost qualifies as a CAS card, too! Imagine that! I truly appreciate that Jeanne was brave enough to help me! I think she has a wonderful eye for color and was absolutely right about the cream and brown strip in the first attempt. It looked so out-of-place! I also wasn't happy with the adhesive showing under the vellum hearts.

What happened today was that I started by cleaning up my room (what a MESS!). That usually inspires me because in the archeology of the process I find things I'd forgotten I had! In this case, it was a folder of delicious hand-made papers that were a Christmas present from a dear friend (I think maybe two years ago?) . The textures of this paper are amazing - and I had dreamed that I could solve the vellum adhesive problem by punching out the heart shapes and lifting that section over the vellum pieces. I think it really works!

I've been quiet today. My tummy hurts. So, I've just stayed in my comfy clothes and napped when I felt like it. I've made two cards and will post the other next (it's for a new - to me - challenge!). Have I told you all lately how much I love you? Well, I do.

Hugs!

5 comments:

Karen B. said...

Sounds like a fine day to me! This card is great too, so different from your previous one. Glad that you made something that you liked better.

Unknown said...

Sharli, this is scrumpcious!

Jeanne said...

Sharli, I'm sorry I haven't been by to check out your remake until now. Been a little busy myself. LOL Anyway...WOW! You've done yourself proud with this version of the card! I love every single thing about it! The ribbon is magnificent, the hearts are beautiful and the sentiment perfect. I'm so glad that you were open to my initial assessment of your other card and didn't get upset with me.

I sure hope that tummy of yours settles down!

Curt in Indy said...

Actually Sharli, I love both of them. I think they were both beautiful. I honestly liked the wording strip on the first one. I just like your work! Best, Curt

Julia Aston said...

Very pretty with the changes - isn't it funny how a panel of a different color can change the look totally!?! I still like the first one too though!!