Friday, July 16, 2010

More Ya-Ya layouts

FIRST, let me apologize for the horrible glare on these photos from my "daylight" - I wish I'd noticed it earlier! Still working on the "Ya-Ya" trip; the upper left hand corner is the most awesome postcard that shows the relative size of things - look at how tall the redwoods are against other "known" entities! Amazing. You don't get that from being with them. Sure, they're tall, but they seem to just simply disappear in the heavens. The part I remember was the part I was hugging (and I did a LOT of hugging!). Those of you who knew me last year will remember that I declared I'd fallen in love when I got back from this trip - in love with the redwoods.

I'm sneaking into the craft room early tonight - hope to finish another 2-page spread to post soon!

Hugs!

9 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

WoW! This is a gorgeous spread!

And I remember when your love affair with the redwoods began, lolol. You crazy kid, you!

Have a fab weekend, Sweetie! Sending hugs!

Paul B said...

Wow so happy to have seen this blog, it's beautiful. Your cards are stunning, I really love your clean, elegant style. Great pics in your Ya-Ya layouts. I have to agree with you on hugging trees. A friend of mine has always done it and whenever I'm with her, we've hugged trees, even redwoods. It may look daft but I'm happy to act like a kid now and then :) Px

Karen B. said...

Beautiful layouts. I've never seen a redwood, would love too, and I would hug them too. Hope you are having a great weekend and get a lot accomplished!

Jeanne said...

What a great postcard! Including it is so smart! I remember seeing the redwoods when I was a kid and being awestruck at their size and beauty.

Hug away, Sharli! The world needs more people like you who fully embrace life!

Unknown said...

I love your crisp, clean layouts! The pics are stories in themselves but the postcard info adds great info! When I first toured the NW and saw the huge redwoods, I was awestruck. Hug away, Sharli!

Lori said...

Love your layouts. What a great idea to add the postcard to show how big the trees really are. I was amazed by the redwoods the first time that I saw them. They are so beautiful!!!

Julia Aston said...

What great pages Sharli! a wonderful way to remember a trip of a life time!

Jamie Harder said...

Beautiful layout!!! I too, hugged the redwoods:-) What a gorgeous place!!!

Leslie said...

another super layout. Loved reading the postcard. I was amazed that the shuttle was so much shorter than the redwood. The size of that tree section Wow. I could barely see the person in red beside that awesome tree. Loved it all.