Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wedding card

I need to make the most beautiful wedding card . . . for a beautiful young couple. Their colors are Navy and off-white with a touch of silver. The charms say "Cherish" and "Love". The inside of the navy jewel cardstock (CTMH retired) is lined with a fine Irish linen paper and simply stamped "happy foreverness".

Do you like it?

I've not made ANY wedding cards before this one. Does it work? Be honest - I want it to blow their socks off!

Update on the SIL - she has been moved to a rehab hospital - one that will seriously work to help her recover strength. Today they called and asked me to bring real clothes! I'm running a load of her laundry (I had her suitcase from the fateful cruise trip back in February!) and will take things to her in the morning. Once again, we are filled with hope! Once again, I thank you for your sympathy and support. You are wonderful!

Hugs!

8 comments:

Laurel said...

This is so pretty, love that bow!

Carla said...

Gorgeous card!! So classy!

Karen B. said...

This is such a beautiful wedding card, the navy bow is gorgeous and the metal charms exude class. Good to hear things are picking up a bit for your SIL as well!

Jeanne said...

Sharli, this card has great bones, in my humble opinion. You asked for honesty and this is only by opinion, but the strip of cream with the brown writing stands out to me and sort of takes away from the rest of the card. Maybe a dark gray would work better with black ink? I'm not sure. I just know I see the cream first. I'm also not sure that the row of pearls fits. The bow is beautiful and I love the addition of the charm. The navy and gray really work well together. Just my opinion though.

I'm so glad your sil is moving onto rehab. Much success to her in regaining her strength!

Carolyn said...

Beautiful wedding card!! So happy to hear the positive news about your sil!!

Deb Neerman said...

This is beautiful, Sharli! Love the color combination and that luscious bow ... perfection! I'm sure they'll love it, too!

Glad to hear that your SIL is doing so much better ... what a relief! Hope you're doing okay, too, Sweetie?

Have a great weekend ... sending hugs!!

Lexxie said...

This is a stunning wedding card Sharli, and lovely that you have made it in their wedding day clolours.
Really beautiful, I'm sure they will treasure it
Love Sarita xx

Julia Aston said...

This is very pretty Sharli! love the ribbon and lace - so nice to match their colors! glad to hear SIL is once more improving - God is Good!