Saturday, July 10, 2010

Christmas in July - Part 2

While we're on a Christmas roll here . . . This is the other card I created with a page scanned from my hymnal. I was a bit more aggressive with the antiquing of the page here. I {heart} this one! For the background, I inked up an embossing template for the Cuttlebug with Cranberry ink. It's hard to tell, but the card base is black. I cut a white insert sheet 1/2 " smaller all around for the inside so it would be possible to write in it! Hope you like it!

I'm so thankful it's Saturday! I'm "stuck at home" (aw, shucks - I "have" to spend the day in the craft room) waiting for the A/C yearly maintenance and a plumber. I've got a list of faucets in my house that don't work! Seriously - I was just about down to one working sink. So, if I'm going to call the plumber out, it might as well be for a list of things! (giggle). I awoke this morning to gray sky - it's rare, but it must mean that the monsoons are finally here. I haven't seen a drop of rain yet - but there is hope.

Enjoy your weekend!! Let me know what's going on at your place!

6 comments:

Karen B. said...

This is absolutely beautiful, and I {heart} it as well. Your antiquing and distressing are so realistic and wonderful. I love the old look paired with the clean and crisp red on white background and red ribbon. I hope that you enjoy being stuck in your craft room! I've got no children and no husband here this weekend, what do you think is my first choice is on how to spend my time? Wink.

Laurel said...

Another beautiful creation!

Curt in Indy said...

What a great idea to scan your hymnal! I love the antiquing of it. That cranberry colored background goes perfectly with it! Really pretty! Hope you get rain! Best, Curt

Kathi Carlson said...

Beautiful card, Sharli. Again, I love the scanned hymnal page. Your antiquing is perfect.

Poor you, stuck at home - NOT! I was, too, but with company. Wonderful little people. It was a fun day. Hope yours was, too!

Carolyn said...

OMG this is gorgeous!! I didn't know you could ink up an CB folder. Learn something new everyday. :)
Hope you get all your plumbing and a/c fixed. It sure has been hot!

Jeanne said...

Absolutely beautiful, Sharli. Wonderful work on that scanned hymnal. You are so talented!

I hope by now that the a/c has been properly maintained and all the plumbing has been fixed so you have your choice of sink to use. *Ü*

Have a super Sunday, Sweetie.