Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Life is Good!

Another favorite artist, Karen Baker, inspired this copy-cat attempt! Karen, I hope you know that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! Check out Karen's card HERE. I used all close to my heart papers, inks, and the Treetops stamp set. I got close enough to Karen's design that I just couldn't put my signature on it! Thanks Karen, I do love this card!

Today was one of those days when I just wanted to curl up and take a nap. I fought it for about 2 hours this afternoon at work (miserable!) and am finally home. I'll be heading to bed very early tonight.

Happy Hump Day!

6 comments:

Karen B. said...

I hope that whomever is the wonderful recipient of this card appreciates it as much as I do! I love this! I love your monochromatic color scheme and the scored lines. I love your card too!!!!!

Jamie Harder said...

GREAT card! I just LOVE that stamp set:-)

Kathi Carlson said...

Yes, life is good! Even when we're dog tired. I hope you get a good night's sleep. I'm not there yet. LOL.

I love your card. Those little trees are so cute, and, of course, the greens are wonderful. I'll have to check out Karen's blog.

Have a great Thursday, friend!

Jeanne said...

I think your card is lovely, Sharli! And I also think it has a slightly different feel than the beautiful one that inspired you. The recipient will surely love this one.

I hope you got a good night's sleep and are rejuvenated to face your day with energy!

Scossie Jane said...

Love this card Sharli, the wee trees are lovely, and the colours are perfect...

Hugs xx

Unknown said...

Sharli, I love the trees, the greens, and the jute! Yikes, I've been viral-prednisone-groggy for a week and have missed so much, including all your great art!