Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Bird-day Cards!!! (tee, hee)

Copied from Kathi!! I needed a Birthday card that wasn't too "girly" - and these Emporium papers were just the thing! I stamped the bird on the back-side of the paper and cut him out . . . same with the wing and tail! Like Kathi's original, I popped them up on pop-dots to give it dimension. I forgot about the trio of brads (?) or dew drops (?) in the lower right-hand corner. Does it look too bare? The greeting "Happy Birthday" just wouldn't fit on the front of the card - so I've saved it for the inside.

All Close to My Heart products: Bird Basics, Emporium Papers, Olive and Cocoa inks.

About my day - I attended a one-day college course today on Federal and State hazardous materials management law. It was 8 full hours, taught by a lawyer, and I am SO proud to say that I stayed awake for the entire day! I even took notes and made a "to-do" list for tomorrow. Whew! Now I'm home for the evening and can r-e-l-a-x! Ahhhhh.

3 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Great card! I love the paper-pieced bird!! There's nothing better than seeing something I've done improved on, and you truly did so. Good job staying awake today, too. Years after giving up my newspaper job, I'm still remembered by some around town as the reporter who nodded off during the school board and city council meetings I covered. Couldn't help it. They were boring!

Leslie said...

Sharli, I just found your blog and will be following it. Love it. Your card is great. I too am a fan of Kathi's. She does quality work. I also like your header. Are those balloons in the boat?
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Adorable card...nicely done!

~Jen Coleman