Monday, April 27, 2009

Boutique Borders

Inspired by CTMH consultant from California, Karla Kroese - I made my card "my own" by changing the colors, the Boutique Border I used, the ribbon, and by adding MORE BLING! I think everyone should have this border set - now that I know what to do with it!!! Karla's card was a real eye-opener for me. She lined up the boutique borders and made it look like old wall paper! Isn't it amazing? My first try was free-hand (eeuuuuuu!) Second try the solid lines were too close together to fit the border in between (that was cute!) Third try, the lines were so far apart that they looked lonely! Last try was nearly perfect. So - to save you some time - try measuring it out before you begin. (Tee, hee!)

Close to My Heart Boutique Borders, Tickled Pink, Say it In Style. Colors were Crystal Blue and Sweet Leaf and the flower "rolling" and sentiment were Twilight.

Update on the Open Stamping day . . . We had a nice turn-out for Jone's birthday celebration! Coca-cola cake is YUMMY!!!!! How did I live so long and have never tried it before?!?! Woe is me! Thanks Pam for bringing such a sweet treat! Everyone had interesting things to work on . . . I spent the afternoon messing up the card above (described in too much detail already!) and drooling over everyone else's work. Some days are like that! Know what I mean?

Have a great week. Oh! And wash your hands. A Lot.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Love your card. I really like the colors and plan to scraplift, but can you tell me how you made the lines between the borders? Are they drawn on or really thin slivers of cardstock? I can't lift it if I dopn't know how.
Thanks for sharing. You know if I should lift it I would give you complete credit as that is the only way to lift honestly.
Leslie

SharliF@cox.net said...

Leslie,

Your post made me laugh, thanks! The lines between the decorative stamp is another stamp that comes in the Boutique Borders set! So, it's just a matter of getting it lined up properly. Have fun! Karla Kroese should get the credit! Her inspiration!

Kathi Carlson said...

Ooh, my favorite color combination! Beautiful card! You've inspired me to ink up my Boutique Borders stamps! Thanks for sharing!