Saturday, April 4, 2009

Joanne & Kris

The Stupendous Stampers Unit meeting was today - I always love getting together with my unit sisters to share ideas, collaborate on projects, and just be together. These people are family to me!

Here is a photo of Joanne and Kris studying something together! (Joanne's hair is still wet! She is usually just getting out of the shower when we arrive for our meetings :-)


Another person whose cards I ALWAYS try to copy is Kris Massey! She definitely has a style of her own! Kris' cards are always appealing, well-balanced, the right colors, and she uses touches of techniques that I've learned but forgotten in all the right places. It never fails that when I'm in a card swap with Kris, I try to come home and imitate her cards!! Once in a great while, I'll be in a card swap with her and we practically make the same card! (Only hers' are always better, darn it! One of these days . . .) Kris - YOU are such an inspiration to me! Update! (4/8/09) Kris got the job she really wanted!!! YIPPEE!!!!!

Joanne - on the other hand, is the sister I never had. Joanne is such a life role model. She is ALWAYS positive and happy, caring and polite. This woman has the biggest heart in the world! Her busy life with 4 children, a job, a husband, and Girl Scouts, would not leave any time for a mere mortal to create cards - but then, Joanne never sleeps! I Love you, Joanne.

I'll post art tomorrow - promise!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Sharli, you always say the sweetest things! I'm flattered you think so much of my work, especially since I feel like I can't create unless I'm copying someone else.

BTW, you didn't mention that the item we are studying in this picture is your AMAZING planner. I could never come up with something that creative.