Saturday, April 18, 2009

Congratulations on the New Job!

This card was for my friend Kris - to let her know how excited I am that she landed the job she wanted! Some of the little flowers are on pop-dots - so in real life, this card has a lot of "dimension". The buttons were made using clear buttons. I don't think I'll be buying many more color buttons! You can make anything you want with clear ones!!! I used Stickles (glitter glue) on the border piece that is Juniper colored. It sparkles!

Busy Saturday! I actually slept in until 7:30 this morning! What a treat! But, once out of bed I flew into action. Today was the hazardous waste roundup and I didn't want to miss it! I cleaned the garage - loaded Chloe (I'll have to post a photo of Chloe - to properly introduce you) and D@%* it but she wouldn't start. So, on the battery charger, back into the house to fiddle around for a half-hour and then off to dump the evil stuff. I've also done grocery shopping, and paper/stamping shopping, and have been to Costco to stock up on water, I've brushed the cats, I've made home-made beef chili (it smells heavenly!) and I'm getting ready to disappear into my craft room for awhile. I love days that somehow come together! Wish they happened more often.

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

What a pretty card! All of the dimension is great, and I love what you do with clear buttons! Congratulations on your great day! Isn't it fun when everything falls into place? Good for you!