Monday, April 6, 2009

Birthday cards!

Happy Monday! I took a "mental health" day-off today. I've been so stressed worrying about a close friend, that I really was a mess myself. I had anticipated this happening and scheduled a vacation day for today. It's a good thing, because I really struggled getting going today. The good news, is that I know what to do to make myself feel at peace - when I'm in need of calm and meditation, I turn to my stamping. It seems like there are a LOT of April birthdays - so I spent some time today making some pretty cards. This one was cased from Julie Ebersole, PaperTruffles but as usual, my stamps are not the same as those she used. I also used a clear button with dots on it - and rubbed the dots with Hollyhock ink to turn them pink - then backed the button with Cream Brulee paper. Easy way to make the p-e-r-f-e-c-t button! I'm pretty happy with the card!

CTMH stamps were Tickled Pink (you're going to want this one!), Friendship Blessing, and Say it in Style. Colors were Cream Brulee, Holllyhock and Cocoa. I used a white opaque pen to make the small dots in the small Hollyhock flowers.

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

Beautiful card! The colors are lovely and inspire em to try something with Creme Brule. I love that button idea, too ... guess I need those buttons now. I hope things turned out OK for the friend you were concerned about. I know what it's like to worry oneself into a frazzle. Take care!