Monday, July 20, 2009

Ghosting Card

I am so excited about this card. It's a little different in the neutral tans / browns, but I think that adds to it's charm. I was so proud of the focal image that I posted it DAYS before I finished the card. Call me silly . . .

About the card: CTMH products except for the ribbon. The colors are Cocoa, Desert Sand, Bamboo, and Colonial White. The design papers were scraps from various (3) old paper sets. The technique is called Ghosting and I'll post my technique page tomorrow with all the directions! The stamp set is called "Bethlehem".

I had a wonderful weekend and a good Monday! It's been hot here, and Chloe's battery is trying really, really hard to poop out again. I need to be at work early tomorrow but may be able to slip over to the mechanics at lunch and get her in for an oil change and a new battery. The desert is hard on batteries! Have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Oh goodness ... silly me. I thought yesterday's post was the card and a beautiful one at that. Now, it's more beautiful!! I love the non-traditional colors, all the layering, the stitching and the ribbon in the corner. Did I miss anything? LOL. Gorgeous, and the ghosting technique is perfect for that stamp.

Extreme cold is hard on batteries, too. For as hot as it is in Arizona, it's cool in Minnesota - almost fall-like and very weird. I placed a Stampin' Up order today only to learn that "my" consultant and her husband are moving to Arizona. They've purchased a house but don't have jobs. They're in their 40s so not even close to retirement age. Gutsy. I'm kind of envious, although I don't think I'd move a mile without employment the way the economy is right now.

Have a great Tuesday!!

Maricar said...

Sharli,
Awesome card. So pretty!

Lori said...

Sharli,
Your cards are gorgeous. Please share the technique. I can't wait to try this.
Hugs,
Lori

Unknown said...

Just beautiful, Sharli! I'm anxious to hear more about the ghosting technique.