Saturday, May 23, 2009

Bon Appetit / Bella

I just love this layout! Two years ago I attended a professional development conference in San Francisco - and stayed over the weekend after to fulfill a life-long dream of visiting wine country! I was traveling with a colleague, and her husband flew in to "protect" us during this adventure! I captured this sweet moment of the two of them. There are many funny stories about this trip - but I'll try to not tell all of them!! I've read on some of your blogs about how you handle getting a new camera - and I admire each and every one of you for your bravery and commitment in learning the new quirks. After 35 years of wanting to visit the wineries - most of my photos were absolutely AWFUL. I had a new camera, and somehow I had the settings all wrong (white balance was off and all my photos turned blue). I don't think I've had such rotten luck when I've used just a $5 disposable film camera! Since then, I have better photo-editing software and have been able to save some of them - playing with the color balance and other setting in the editing.

CTMH products: Bella paper, Bon Appetit stamps, Edge anchors, Dimensional elements (for the bookplate), color palette is Smokey Plum, Hollyhock, Creme Brulee, Olive. I think the only non-CTMH product are the two Dew Drops!

My Open Stamping group comes tomorrow. I'll be able to post more photos after that because I have been working on a project that is a birthday gift for one of my friends. I don't want to spoil it by showing anything here before I give it to her, know what I mean? So hang in there - more is coming SOON!


3 comments:

Leslie said...

Sharli, that is a great layout. I have that paper packet sitting out on my desk ready to do a layout from my daughter's wedding. That desert sand B&T looks almost like cork board. I like the way it goes together. Don't you think that Bon Appetit is the best? Did you second generation the grapes?

Leslie said...

I noticed the "ribbon" on the first go round and forgot to comment on it. That technique is very cool. I like the affect. I was making some cards the other day and was using petal and pansy purple. I think it goes better with this paper pack than the smokey plum, what do you think? Maybe it is just the lighting in my scraproom. We have had rain for a solid week, I kid you not, so there hasn't been any natural light.

Kathi Carlson said...

Beautiful layout! Love everything about it. The stamped elements are PERFECT! As for bad photos, I could write volumes. My skills as a photographer fit on my little finger! Hope you have fun with your stamping friends today!