Thursday, May 21, 2009

May Technique - Watercolor with Reinkers

This coming Sunday is the "rescheduled" Open Stamping day at Sharli's - and this is the technique we will learn! It's fun - and you can create beautiful effects with the inks!

CTMH products: Rustic Flowers, black embossing powder, Buttercup - Creme Brulee - Blush reinkers, and some pretty leaves I picked up at the local craft store. You'll need the lid to a plastic item, like a cool-whip container, a small bottle that can spritz water, and a waterbrush. I used watercolor paper from the art section as it holds up really well to all that water.

I had my annual performance evaluation yesterday - and am thrilled to tell you that I get to stay! They still want me ;-)

But seriously, in this economy, it is nice to hear that they recognize the good work I've been accomplishing, and even the areas where I was shown that I can do better were honest and fair - I am truly thankful for the feedback. WHEW! Glad that's over. Now - to put it into action!

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

Thank you for sharing this technique. It looks like fun, and I love the finished result. Congratulations on your successful review, too. And yes, even though I complain sometimes (OK. A lot!), it's nice to have job security right now.