Sunday, May 17, 2009

Spring 2009 CTMH Catalog "R&D"

This card was copied as closely as I could from the Spring 2009 catalog. It's actually easier to make than it looked! I LOVE the effect of the layered flowers - and I used sponge daubers to put the blush over parts of the vanilla cream cardstock - that's how they are two-toned. Sometimes it takes me awhile to catch up - but I'm SO glad I finally made this card!

A very exciting announcement at church this morning - our pastor, Father Ron, announced that he got married last night in a private ceremony - and that we would be having wedding cake and mimosas at the "coffee hour". Those who don't know me, may be thinking "what? mimosas at church?" but I am Episcopalian and it's pretty common to have wine at church functions (just not often in the mornings!). It was a lovely surprise and I am SO happy for them!!

2 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Beautiful card! Love the two-toned color of the flowers. Celebrating a happy occasion is a great way to start out the day, too. Nice.

Lori said...

Love that card. Church sounded like a lot of fun.
Stop by my blog today. I left something for you :)