Monday, May 18, 2009

Earth Laughs

This card was inspired by Debbie Olson. As usual, I didn't have the same stamps (can you almost say it with me?) and so my card is a little different - but not that much different! What a pretty design Debbie has with the rich yellows and the bits of black! I LOVE the idea and worked on the process a bit before liking my card. I actually made another one later in the day that is a little more proportional (more space above the banner) that I like better. But, this one was in the camera so this is what you get. The flower was done with a technique called watercolor re-inkers (or at least that's what I call it!). Stay tuned and I'll post the technique later this week - as I plan to teach it at Open Stamping on Sunday.

CTMH products: Rustic Flowers, Thoughts of You (leaf), Free Spirit and Western Flourishes for the flourishes. Make My Day (the sentiment). Colors are Buttercup, Creme Brulee, Blush, and Olive.

4 comments:

Rachele Funk said...

B-E-A-U-T-F-U-L, just like you! Thanks for the award. . .

Kathi Carlson said...

Very, very pretty! Love the scallops on the bottom. Anxious to see the technique! TFS.

Leslie said...

Sharli, beautiful card. Would love to see the one you think is better. The little acrylic "Bumps" are called Skittles? I was thinking they are called Dew Drops. The bottle doesn't say what they are. Maybe they are both

Deb Neerman said...

Gorgeous, Sharli!! Love how you colored your flower with the reinkers ... I call that "watercoloring with reinkers," LOLOL!

I love that stamp from the Make My Day set. I love the whole set, actually ... it's just perfect here!