Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Weekly Planner - Bridal Tea


You might remember that I talked about my darling daughter, Kristen, and how on Mother's Day she woke me up with one of her now famous "I'm lost, get on Mapquest and find me" laments? I was lucky enough to steal find these photos tagged on her Facebook! Isn't she BEAUTIFUL!?!?!? I'm so proud of my sweet daughter! She was driving to Sandwich, MA to celebrate the upcoming wedding of one of her classmates. Naturally, since she wasn't exactly home for Mother's day (she was on Cape Cod, I was in Arizona) I'm happy to use these photos to represent the day in my weekly planner / scrapbook.

CTMH products: Silhouette papers, vellum, and computer generated text. I know - not terribly creative - but who could outshine that smile?!

Yesterday, Kristen called me after she got home from work; running a fever, slightly sore throat, swollen lymph nodes, sneezing. She has been recovering since September 2008 from Mono, and teaches in a Middle-School so my immediate request was A) call off for tomorrow and B) go to your doctor in the morning. You see, I've been working in the incident command team at my own health care facility for weeks now on our H1N1 Influenza response and I knew enough to know she was high-risk for having been exposed to the virus. After all the years since she moved to Boston, I am beginning to learn to keep breathing when she is in difficulty there. 3,000 miles away from me. But it is
not easy. Not even. Nope.

So - at the doctor this morning (yes, they saw her right away) they were able to reassure us that it isn't H1N1. She's home resting now from some other virus. If you've got a moment, a tiny prayer for her quick recovery would be awesome.

2 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Lovely layout, and yes, your daughter is beautiful! If her personality matches her smile, it's more than skin deep, too. I hope she's feeling better soon, and I'm so glad it isn't the H1N1 flu that has us all a little scared. As for being 3,000 miles away from my offspring, I can't imagine it. At least, technology has made communication and staying in touch so much easier (and less expensive) than it was a few years ago.

Deb Neerman said...

Wonderful LO, Sharli!

Your daughter is just beautiful .. and what a smile! I'm sure you miss her like crazy!

My 'baby' is only 1,650 miles away from me ... it's incredibly hard. Especially on holidays and birthdays ... never gets easy.