Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Quilt!

This card was inspired by Heather Nichols, who was inspired by a quilt! What a clever way to use up scrap paper! I always hoped there would be something wonderful to do with those tiny pieces some day . . . LOL! I recently noticed that my favorite blogs are using a little larger font - so I thought I'd try it. Hope you like it?!

It's been a hard day for me. I'll try not to cry - but on the way to work my sweet Chloe (the car) started really struggling to shift gears. We limped straight to my favorite mechanic, and $4,500 later she will have a brand new transmission. I'm shell-shocked. They said if I send it out to a transmission shop, or to the VW dealer, it might have been $1K more even. I believe them, too, because they have been so completely good and honest with me for years now. At one point in the discussions - my consultant made a gentle suggestion that it might be time for a new car? I just couldn't face that! I love my Chloe. She is my commuting partner and I had planned to drive her another 3 - 5 years. Well, I will be able to do that. I just won't be able to EAT for awhile. (not really - I'm being melodramatic, and to tell the truth, I need to eat less anyway). I should be able to drive Chloe home tomorrow night. I'll try to post something happier tomorrow. Thanks for listening.

3 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

First, I LOVE your card!!! Great colors and oozing with texture. Lovely! The bigger font is nice, something I might want to think about, too! Finally, I'm so sorry about Chloe. Those unexpected repair bills are awful... been there! I hope driving her home tomorrow makes you feel better!

Julia Aston said...

I love your quilt card - the colors are so soft and pretty! so sorry about your car - they are so super when they are running well and so frustrating (and expensive!) when they break down! Good thing you had a good mechanic to take her to!

Deb Neerman said...

This card rocks! I saw Heather's and I think I like yours even better!

Sooooooooooo sorry to hear about Chloe ... I feel your pain. You're so lucky in that you have an auto mechanic you trust ... that's as rare as a snowbird in August!!

Have an amazing, lazy, fattening, and giftful Mommy's Day, Sharli!!