Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Color Groups - Week 3



Jeanette Lynton, the founder and CEO of Close To My Heart, started a color group feature a couple of weeks ago . . . these are so much fun! I couldn't get my act together for the first ones, but this time, I was able to completely "R&D" (rip-off and duplicate) one of Jeanette's gorgeous cards! You can see how successful I was by comparing my card to Jeanette's - and check out her other beautiful items made with this color group!

Work was good today, although a bit of a shock after the lovely relaxing weekend! I was surprised at least a dozen times today that it was Wednesday tomorrow. Silly me. If this keeps up, I'll be on my way to work Saturday morning (not likely!).

CTMH: You Are Beautiful stamp set, colors shown, DREAM is the color-ready alphabet stickers (these are very, very useful - and even look good plain white!). I used New England Ivy textured cardstock (backside) for the lighter green background. The only other thing I would explain is how I got the white dots so big - I used the background stamp from Argyle backgrounds and the white pigment ink pad, but then I took the re-inker (pigment) and dotted each "faint" white dot with a little dab of the re-inker. I left it to dry overnight and think it looks right.

4 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Beautiful card! Great job on that polka dot paper, too! I never would have thought to do that!!

Lori said...

Your card is gorgeous. Love how you colored the flower.

Leslie said...

beautiful card.

Deb Neerman said...

Stunning!! I looked for Lynette's card, but didn't see it on that page ... but who cares about HER card; we only care about YOUR amazin' card!!!! And it is just gorgeous!

LOVE the "R & D" thing ... sounds better than CASE'ing!