Saturday, November 21, 2009

Another card "remake"


When I posted the card on the bottom, I had very few comments . . . and the more I thought about it, the more I thought it could be improved. The card on top is the "remake". I used the scraps of Stamping Up paper but rubbed over the "taupe" pattern with a lime chalk cat-eye. Then I stamped my holly leaf on the backside and cut them out. With the change from red/brown pattern to green, I needed to update the ribbon also - so I used the last of my stash of hand-dyed silk ribbon (this ribbon is so soft!). The overall dimension is 5 x 5 inches.

It's been a busy Saturday here . . . I've been running errands (well, hobbling through them). I've spent a bit of time in the craft room (so wonderful!) and had an interesting 1st (for me) - I was trying to get some bright red paint into a small plastic lid so I could dip the end of the paintbrush into it and make little "holly berry" dots on some tags I was making . . . when I some how let go of the bottle of paint! I caught it with my lap, legs, hands. DEEP, RICH RED PAINT! I'm about to go pull my jeans out of the washer to see if they have to go through again . . . I'm counting my blessings that it didn't fall on my new wood floor. I would have just cried. So, as we remember all that we are thankful for - let's add "catching the red paint!" to that list! LOL

Hugs!

8 comments:

B said...

Oh how lovely! :) Love the "remake"!

Kathi Carlson said...

Your remake is beautiful, Sharli! More green made all the difference. Love it.

Sorry to hear you're limping around. Is it time for another shot? Very happy to hear your red paint catastrophe wasn't any worse than it was. Your very first mess like that? Wow! I'm pretty good at stuff like that ... keeps me humble...

Enjoy what's left of the evening (all of it in Arizona) and Sunday!

Lori said...

OMG. I hope the paint came out!!! Your cards are both beautiufl

Leslie said...

Hi Sharli, your remake is just right. Although I don't remember seeing it the first time you put it out there. Only get a few minutes a day to blog. Even now I told myself I would be working so I can play the rest of the day. Good catch just glad it wasn't the exacto knife or paper piercer.
Have a great week.

Jeanne said...

Like Leslie, I don't quite remember the first card, but your remake is gorgeous!

Congrats on averting a bigger mess with the paint.

I sure hope that knee improves soon.

Laurel said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

The green on your "remake" card really makes it pop nicely! Great catch, Sharli! And if the jeans have red polka dots, just do the Wiggles dance when you wear them. :) Good thing you didn't drop a jar of glitter--that stuff NEVER goes away.

Rachele Funk said...

Somehow I didn't see the first one, but I do love the remake. . . the green leaves made all the difference!

Have I told you lately what an inspiration you are? If not, please know what an amazingly beautiful person you are!!!