Sunday, November 1, 2009

Here's my Excuse!

It's been many days since I posted - but not because I haven't been crafty - I've been in PRODUCTION mode! I completed 50 of one design for my Christmas cards this year! I love them - but I admit, I'm tired of them. LOL

I love Halloween and All Saints. This has been a weekend full of blessings, to be sure! The sweet children tip-toeing up to the door - needing encouragement from their parents to actually knock! Their delighted faces and adorable "Happy Hallerween" (really!) and those costumes! (Deep sigh!) It makes me feel like all is still right with the world.

All Saints today was wonderful because there were people that I've missed and was so happy to greet again! The service was beautiful - our choir master is just amazing. The music just takes me away to another place - I can pray deeply - meditatively - with these ethereal voices.

I hope your weekend was full of wonder!
Hugs.

8 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

What a lovely sight! All those gorgeous cards in a pretty red basket. Good for you!

Happy to hear your weekend was a good one.Hope it was the start of a great week!

Scossie Jane said...

Well done Sharli, that basket full of finished cards looks great - if only the rest of us could be that organized xx

Jeanne said...

Wow! I'm completely impressed! That's a gorgeous basket full of cards. I can just imagine the feeling of accomplishment you have.

I'm glad you had a great weekend and here's to the beginning of a wonderful new week.

Laurel said...

Wow! Look at all of those cards! Good for you. I need about 40 cards and I only have about 15 made.

Rachele Funk said...

Everyone should be blessed with you positive outlook and amazing gift to see the beauty of truly simple things. You are amazing!

Curt in Indy said...

Laughed right out loud when you said you liked them, but you are kinda tired of them! Oh my gosh that was funny! I got tired of my flamingo cards, and I only made 17! I can't imagine making 50 of one card! They are beautiful though! You did a wonderful job! BTW, I loved your description of the weekend. What lovely thoughts you shared and how descriptive you were. Just beautiful. Best, Curt

Leslie said...

Wow, Sharli how nice for you that you have all your cards done. I loved hearing about your All Saints service. I have not found a church home yet. I had to leave one in Virginia that I had been in for 21 years and nothing compares.
Thank you for all your sweet comments on my blog. It is so uplifting. Thank you, thank you.

Cibele Glazer said...

You certainly don't need an excuse when you come up with such beautiful cards as these. Kudos for getting them done. I am still working on my desing lol.