Thursday, November 26, 2009

Christmas Tags!

Inspired by the fabulous Lisa Stenz (here) I sat down to make some Christmas tags! These were so much fun! I failed to photograph the backside of them - but I used the open circle design and the tiny "to" and "from" stamps so the tags can be properly addressed! I decided that a dozen was a nice number to give to someone - so I set about making a box to hold a dozen tags. That turned out easier than I thought it would be - guess all that practice with chocolate nuggets is paying off! ;-)

Yesterday was quiet at work so I was glad to leave when the time came (I'd much rather be busy!). I went straight to my church where one of the young men was being presented with his Eagle Scout award. What a beautiful ceremony they created for him! I've been to others and his was the most inspiring I've ever seen. It's always interesting to realize who in the group is also an Eagle Scout - men I've known for years, but never knew this little bit about them! I enjoyed it tremendously - even if I was up to my elbows in making and serving the punch. By the way - that punch was delicious! Here's the recipe I'd been handed to use:

1 can limeade (thawed but not diluted)
1/2 can lemonade (thawed but not diluted)
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups water
2 liters of Gingerale (Wait! I may have put 4 liters in the bowls - no wonder we ran out so quickly! Is the big plastic bottle 1 liter or 2 liters? I guess I thought they were 1 liter and used 2 for each bowl! YIKES!)

The good news is that there was JUST the right amount of punch for the group (about 1/4 of a bowl left over) and everyone loved it!

Umm. Sharli here, still being silly!

8 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Beautiful tags, Sharli! And your box is great!

As a former Cubmaster, I have participated in many Eagle Scout ceremonies. Such a privilege. Such an accomplishment for one so young!

The punch recipe looks yummy! Glad to hear it was a hit.

Enjoy Thanksgiving, my sweet friend!

Carla said...

Your tags are great Sharli!
And I love the box too!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Lori said...

What beautiful tags. They are almost too pretty to put on the packages. Have a happy Thanksgiving.

Haley D. said...

These are adorable! That punch sounds good too.

Unknown said...

Sharli, your tags and gift box are so pretty! What a productive day for you. I'm saving the punch recipe--it sounds delish. Thanks!

Jeanne said...

What a wonderful set of tags and a wonderful day you had (even if you did embellish the punch with a little extra gingerale...LOL)

Thanks for being so generous!

Laurel said...

These are great tags!

Scossie Jane said...

Sharli, these tags are beautiful, and the box is perfect, what a lovely gift - must give it a try xx