Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My 2nd Christmas card design . . .

I wish that the basket of cards I posted earlier this week were all I need - but in truth, they are only about half of the cards I will make this year! This design is only for my MOST discriminating friends! I was limited to just 8 of these. I was inspired for this card by Beate Johns (linked from my first attempt here) and, as usual, changed it to work with the stamps that I have! I was excited to finally use the Glimmer Mists that I bought this summer in Payson, AZ. I used both the New England green one and the Scarlet. The trick? I cut the shape in the nestabilities, and left the paper in the nestie and sprayed it with the Glimmer mist. The edge of the nestie creates the white border (also the part that would be lower if embossed). The stamps are Close-to-My-Heart but the paper - (oh, that paper!) is a flocked paper from SU. Isn't is just yummy??? I've already posted the 3rd card version that I'll send this year (here). I plan to make about 30 of that one although I've settled on different papers for it, too. I have a few (3) left over from last year, and there are the 4 Hanukkah cards . . . I may only need 3 or 4 more to complete the list! :-)

Hump day! My filing cabinet was delivered at 10 AM this morning - and I had meetings from 10:30 on so there was no un-packing for me today! I'm hoping to unpack and get settled in my new space tomorrow afternoon. I had a great day - productive meetings, and I "babysat" the phones and front desk in a department while the nurses went to a much deserved lunch out with the boss. The visitors during that time period were so sweet and kind - understanding that I couldn't really answer their questions but that the nurses would get back to them within the hour! As always - I'm so proud to work with such consumate professionals - even during times of great stress!

Wash your hands. (My latest mantra)


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sharli--I'm never going to completely catch up, but finally got to ooohh and ahhh over your Christmas and Hanukkah cards--each design is gorgeous! That Shimmer Mist gives a beautiful effect! You're so sweet to leave your "constant comments" on both Emily's and my blogs. We are totally enjoying Baby Beatrice Louise and Ella's interaction with her. Will I ever get back to paper crafting? Alas. It may be a while. Two clean thumbs up for your mantra! HUGS.

Scossie Jane said...

Love this card Sharli and what you did with the nestability and Glimmer Mist - very effective xx

I have something on my blog for you xx

Laurel said...

Another beauty!

Jamie Harder said...

What a gorgeous card!!!

Kathi Carlson said...

Beautiful card, Sharli! Love the Glitter Mist, papers, ribbon and most of all, the traditional colors. Gorgeous!

Even if you didn't have the answers at work, I'm willing to wager your sincerity and sweet smile charmed the socks off the visitors who came while you were tending the nurses' stations.

Hugs to you!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful! What a great idea when using the Mist. Thanks for sharing.

I'm sure your upbeat and positive personality does much to inspire and encourage your co-workers. *Ü*