Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Hanukkah cards


I have several friends who are Jewish - and each year I try to make a Hanukkah card for them! I really fell in love with this stamp from Stampin'Up ("Let there be light!") that I purchased from my favorite Stampin' Up Consultant, Deb Neerman, and the other stamps on this card are all Close-to-My-Heart ones. I was generous with the Stickles - this card really glitters and glows in real life! Hanukkah is early this year - December 12th - so I moved this project up in the schedule of things!

Work was physically hard today! We moved our offices. Yes, there is a crew to lift the heavy stuff - but there is all that packing and, naturally, they stacked 12 boxes that belonged to another person in the department in my office (right where the file cabinet was supposed to go - no file cabinet in sight) and my boxes were scattered thither and yon! So, I got a bit of a work-out finding things and moving them again into the correct location. The good news??? I went to Yoga tonight and we did AWESOME stretching and I feel so-o-o-o much better. I will certainly sleep good tonight.

Namaste.

4 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Beautiful card, Sharli! Love all the sparkle!

You're lucky you had yoga tonight to help you work out the kinks from your strenuous day. Hopefully, you won't feel it tomorrow.

Take care, sweet friend.

Lori said...

Such a beautiful card. I remember when my office moved...what a pain it was. Your yoga class sounds so nice. I am going to have to give it a try.

Cibele Glazer said...

Beautiful card! The Festival of Lights deserves lots of sparkle and I'd say you hit the mark. I am in search of a good Channukah stamp set and can't seem to find one I like. This one looks like a contender.

Jeanne said...

What a beautiful card. You are so thoughtful and creative.

Oh boy, having to move offices is quite a task! Hopefully you didn't feel too sore the next day.