Monday, November 2, 2009

Sympathy card #2 (repaired)

Ok. True confessions here. This is the card that had the "glue accident". Have you found a good way to adhere what I will call "fuzzy paper"? I had these snips of mulberry paper left-over from the Harvest Steak Fry at church - I used the paper to wrap around some "holy candles" - the ones you buy at the grocery store (I get the clear ones) - these are a great starter for centerpieces for this type of church event and I've used mine for at least 5 years now! The paper is translucent enough to let the light shine through beautifully! When I use lighter color papers, I stamp images on them and that's even prettier! Anyway - I digress.

So - I couldn't get the mulberry paper to stick to the card! I finally lifted it up a bit and squirted some of the "best glue on earth" (liquid glass) underneath only I forgot that if it squeezed through the paper, it would look shiny??!! It did. Can you tell where it showed through? Oh, come on. Look closely.

Aren't pearls wonderful?

Work today? It was wonderful! Today was new employee orientation. I don't know if the new employees love it as much as I do - but meeting all of these interesting new people and sharing a bit about my amazing organization - well, I just love doing it! It makes me happy.

Hugs!

3 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

I'm seeing no flaws on this card. It's beautiful. Is your background paper flocked? It certainly looks like it, and it's very pretty. I love pearls, too, and have quite an attraction to satin ribbon these days.

While I think I've said this before, it's so fun to read about someone who is so happy with her job. And who better than someone who is enthusiastic to do the new employee orientation? I'm thinking Mayo is lucky to have you!

Hope your Tuesday is just as good!

Jeanne said...

Nope, can't tell where your mishap occurred. All I can see is a gorgeous card!

It's refreshing to see your enthusiasm for your job. It takes the 'work' out of going to 'work' doesn't it?

Cibele Glazer said...

I always have such a hard time with sympathy cards and you make it look so easy. Gorgeous!