Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Retirement card

Racking my brain, trying to come up with a Retirement card that didn't look like a sympathy card . . . I came across this image (in my card pile) and said, YES! This is it! FREE as a bird! A dear co-worker retired this week - I bet his face hurt all day today after the ear-to-ear grins he wore all day yesterday! I used green leafy paper on the inside to try to play-down the pinks. The bird is on pop-dots, so the card has some dimension.

Hump day already?! Last night was Yoga - and I felt so strong! I'm loving this "strong" feeling!!! It's rather addictive (like scrapping, or blogging!)

Have a great day tomorrow - the weekend is on the way now.
Namaste.



8 comments:

Curt in Indy said...

This is so weird Sharli! I was just looking at your blog when I got a notice that I had an email. I went to look and it was you leaving a message on my blog! How weird is that???? You made me laugh out loud when you said you didn't want your retirement card to look like a sympathy card. It made me think, and you are so right! LOL Your card certainly breaks that mold and I LOVE the sentiment you came up with to go with it! That is so perfect! Best, Curt

Jamie Harder said...

Free as a bird is perfect!!! Oh I miss yoga... I also want to let you know that I left you an award on my blog:-)

Unknown said...

Oh, those Unforgettable papers are so yummy pretty, Sharli. And what an appropriate sentiment! Love it!

Kathi Carlson said...

A perfect retirement card! Love it.

Happy to hear you're having a good week. Glad, too, the weekend is a couple days away. Take care!

Jeanne said...

I agree with Kathi, this is a perfect retirement card!

It sure sounds like you are having a wonderful week full of good things. Enjoy the rest of it on the way to the weekend.

Lori said...

This is so perfect. I love that little bird. I am going to have to give yoga a try. I am so proud of you.

Carla said...

LOVE the sentiment!! That is so great!!

Julia Aston said...

That is a lovely sentiment for a retirement card! I'll have to put that in my memory bank!