Saturday, November 7, 2009

A get well card . . .

My darling daughter has been fighting a cold for about a week now, and I wish with all my heart I could be in Boston to take her a bowl of chicken soup! This card will have to do for now.

It was inspired by Heather Nichols with this post of Christmas cards! I really love her style! The papers are all Close-to-My-Heart, the Chicken Soup image is from Cats Pajamas and the writing on the craft cardstock is from Papertrey Ink.

Friday was a great day - I got a lot of work done, made it to Yoga class, and finally had my "special reward" for making Yoga-goal of getting green curry from Swadees for dinner! YUMMMMMMM. The owners were so happy to see me - well, it has been over a month with the knee issues and all. Have a wonderful weekend!

Namaste.


7 comments:

Laurel said...

CUUUTE!

Anonymous said...

Cute card, I'll have to steal that one! Hope d d feels better now!

Jamie Harder said...

CUTE card!! LOVE that chicken soup! I used the card that inspired you yesterday to make a Christmas card...lol...small world! I love Heather's style too:-)

SmilynStef said...

Love the text background and that cute little chicken soup bowl ... I have no doubt your daughter will feel your love over the miles.

Jeanne said...

Well, isn't this the next best thing to an actual bowl of soup. LOL Laughter is the best medicine you know. LOL

Sounds like your weekend started off wonderfully. Hope the rest goes equally well. *Ü*

Julia Aston said...

I didn't know your daughter was here Sharli! so sorry she is under the weather! It's been in the high 60's here so hopefully she's enjoying the warmth of the weather! Love this get well card with it's comforting tones and the cute chicken!

Unknown said...

How whimsical! Love the stitching you add so nicely. Hope to hear your DD feels better soon--will send up prayers for her.