Friday, November 13, 2009

Congratulations on the New Job!

Happy Friday! I made this card for a friend who was just promoted at work! He liked it! I think it's pretty self-explanatory, except that I enjoyed learning that some of the Boom-di-Ada papers coordinate nicely with the Emporium set. I also realized that I had stamps that went with these patterns. Not sure how I missed seeing that before! That's why I still need to look at my stamps when I am beginning a project. The circles are pop-dotted to different levels, and the card has more twilight blue paper designing the inside where there is a "congratulations" message.

Friday - FINALLY. This week has seemed long to me. I did go to Yoga tonight but my practice was not strong. :-( My knee is bothering me today.
We're covered in clouds - might get some rain - so I'm sure that is the cause. I need to just keep trying.

Namaste.

6 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Great card, Sharli! Glad to hear the recipient appreciated it, too.

I ache in one place or another every time the weather changes, which is often in Minnesota, and keep saying I need to move to Arizona ... maybe not. LOL. Hope you're feeling better tomorrow, friend, so you can enjoy the weekend!

Jeanne said...

Terrific card, Sharli. I'm sure the recipient was very appreciative of your support and encouragement.

As for the weather and your knee, I'm pretty confident they can be related. Sometimes my ankle bothers me when it's been damp/cold. Ahhhh, ain't getting older grand? LOL

Hope you can avoid focusing on the discomfort and enjoy your weekend, sweet friend.

Laurel said...

What a great card!

Unknown said...

Sharli, your card is gorgeous--love those Emporium & Boom Di Ada colors!!! Hope your weekend is just full of good stuff & that you get some "Kneeded" relief too! I'm participating in a Thankful for Friends of Faith blog hop this weekend--maybe check it out! I'm truly thankful for your friendship via the Internet. :)

Laurel said...

Hey Sharli, I used to get Card Scents from another site (they are somewhat like essential oils) but they don't sell them. I have since found some from Sassy Studio Designs (for some reason the link won't paste here)

Laurel said...

http://buysassystudiodesigns.blogspot.com/

now it did, wierd