Monday, November 9, 2009

Bethlehem (again)

This card is "revisited" because I chose different design papers to sew behind the focal image from the ones on my prototype (here). I do love this card - it's different (for me). I learned a LOT about using my sewing machine (for example, it is possible to put the bobbin in backwards - but it doesn't work right that way). I also scaled it down to a 4 1/2 x 5 3/4" card. The prototype was a 5 x 7. This is the "ghosting" technique - where you clear emboss your image, then ink over it (creating the Desert Sand shading) then you lift off the clear embossing by using a piece of scrap paper and a hot iron. Naturally - of the 17 cards made yesterday, I picked up the one to photograph that still has shiny! (It's my fate)

I had a very busy evening - 3 thank you cards (all re-makes) and 2 congratulations cards (both new) and sorting a big Close-to-My-Heart order (which always feels like CHRISTMAS!) and oh-my-gosh it's almost 9 PM already! Yikes! I've still got to do a few chores before bed, so I'll wish you good-night!

8 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Just as pretty scaled down as it was the first time! Oh, and the sewing. Wow!

Your evening sounds wonderful. Productive elsewhere, I'm currently "out of it" in my corner. Can't do it all, I guess.

Hope your Tuesday is a good one!

Scossie Jane said...

A beautifully elegant card Sharli, with an important message xx

Jeanne said...

Wow! Gorgeous!

Sounds like your Monday was a truly productive one. Isn't that a great feeling?

Hope your Tuesday is equally terrific!

Julia Aston said...

This is just beautiful Sharli! The embossing and tan colors are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Sharli I love Christmas and love your card. It is just so pretty to look at I could stare at it for hours...hubby would not like it hehe. I think this stamp set is so awesome and you did a great job even with a little shiney. Thanks for sharing with us...hugs.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, Sharli! I just love seeing all your awesome art. :) The only things I've been able to make lately are the beds and the meals! Someday...

Curt in Indy said...

Sharli, I swear you make me laugh on every post! I love this card. I have never heard of the "ghosting" technique. I need to look into that. Thanks for sharing! Best, Curt

Lori said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous and your sewing is awesome. It's just all around beautiful!!!