Saturday, November 28, 2009

Open Stamping Sunday - Glitter Ornaments!

Last Christmas I saw this tutorial at Amy Rysavy's blog Prairie Paper & Ink and decided to give it a try! It was too late in the season to share this with my Open Stamping friends, and I wanted to hold them for a year to see if the glitter stayed put! It did! So, we're going to use Close to My Heart re-inkers and Prisma glitter to make these gorgeous ornaments for our technique tomorrow! It's easy and fast, their favorite type!

I actually cleaned out my garage yesterday! Wowie- it sure looks better. In honor of the clean garage, Keiko had a bath, too! (Keiko's the car). I pulled the boxes of Christmas decorations into the house to unpack and re-dressed the front porch. I strung the lights along the back fence (I face a lake - so the lights are very pretty reflecting off the water). I enjoyed beautiful music all day when I wasn't outside. It was a perfect day - I'm SO glad I took the day off!!!

Hugs!

7 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

So pretty, Sharli! Your friends will have a blast tomorrow.

It sounds like your day off was fantastic. Mine, too, although instead of cleaning up, I was left with a bit of a mess. LOL. I'd love to see your porch and the lights reflecting off the water. Beautiful, I'll bet!

Enjoy today!!

Kathi Carlson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

What a fun day you had. I can imagine how beautiful the lights must look on the lake.

Jeanne said...

Gorgeous ornaments, Sharli! Your friends will LOVE this project!

Good for you on all that you accomplished. What a wonderful feeling that is, for sure. I'll just bet those lights look beautiful reflecting off the lake.

And thanks for the sweet comment on Kathi's blog about my flowers. *Ü*

Have a great Sunday!

Laurel said...

Beautiful, must try these!

Julia Aston said...

I've been meaning to try that technique! How lovely these came out Sharli - and good to know that last at least a year!! Sounds like you had a really nice day off getting some good jobs done!

Carla said...

Gorgeous ornaments!! Love these!