Sunday, November 22, 2009

Belated birthday - it's so hard at this time of year!

Having a December birthday - I know first hand how difficult it is for everyone to keep up with birthdays this time of year. There is so much ELSE on our minds!!! I have a dear friend at church, like an older brother to me, and he's on my list to receive cards. As I was working on the birthday card for another friend on the 24th, I looked at his name on the list and had that sinking feeling in my stomach - I forgot his birthday! Oh No! So, time for this cute elephant to try to remember! Everything is Close-to-My-Heart. Easy, quick card - too bad the "Game On" papers are retired. Update! Game On isn't retired! I don't know where I got that silly idea! Whew.

So, it's the end of the weekend so soon. Bummer. I'll let the fact that it's a short week keep me going! I did enjoy an hour of beautiful yard work this afternoon - the weather here is perfect and it's actually a JOY to work in the yard this time of year.

Hugs!

6 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Cute card, Sharli! I love that little elephant.

'Tis the season to be busy, although some of us have a hard time keeping track of things regardless of the time of year. LOL.

Have a good week. I'm so looking forward to a couple of extra days off. Sounds like you are, too! Enjoy!

Carla said...

Very cute card - using the elephant for a belated birthday is very clever!

P.S. Game On isn't retired yet!! (Thankfully as my customers LOVE it!)

Jeanne said...

Super cute elephant! I'm sure your friend will appreciate the card.

I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy the sunshine.

Have a beautiful week, Sharli!

Laurel said...

I hear you with the Game On papers, I love that pack! I love your card, the ribbon is priceless!

Unknown said...

So glad you spent some time outside & soaked up some Vitamin D. :) Adorable "Game On" card--love that decorated trunk!

Leslie said...

you are one clever girl. Happy Thanksgiving.