Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanks for the Thanksgiving Cards!


I honestly can't say whether it was the whining and pleading, or that I was down on one knee (my good one) begging, but Jone gave me TWO beautiful Thanksgiving cards this year!!! Yippee!!!! The first one uses the puddle-pad technique and the second one she used Flower Soft to make the leaves look like perfect little miniatures! Breath-taking.

I begged and pleaded at work today, too, and got Friday off. I don't have any special plans, and I'll be carrying the cell phone and pager everywhere, but I wanted to spend the weekend sans pantyhose, if you know what I mean! LOL

Do you usually get up before dawn to stand in lines and get the best deals on Friday?


Is it Turkey yet?

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I am intrigued - what is the puddle pad technique? I love that tree stamp on the second card. It is awesome with flower soft no less.
Hope your turkey day is wonderful. Happy shopping.

Jeanne said...

Such beautiful cards! Your friend is truly talented! How sweet of her to create these for you.

Enjoy your long weekend! I try to avoid the lines on Friday. But, surprisingly, my hubby has been known to brave them. *Ü*

Alanna said...

What gorgeous cards your friend made for you. I love the look of the flower soft.

Yeah for you for getting Friday off. I hope you enjoy your long weekend.

I actually like to go out on Friday morning. I love a bargain and all the craziness.

Laurel said...

Very nice cards!

Scossie Jane said...

Two lovely cards from your friend Sharli - especially like the tree xx