Sunday, June 7, 2009

Back to the turtles

I'm waiting for better light to take some photos of the things I made THIS weekend! In the meanwhile, I thought I'd post the "weekly planner" page from the week that I discovered the turtle laying eggs in my yard! This one went together in a flash - mostly because I had the little stand of trees left over from a card swap. When you make volumes of cards, do you ever wind up with leftover pieces? I seem to NEVER make "just the right amount" of elements. Sometimes I cut too many of the "5 1/2 x 3" pieces and the next time I might make too many of the focal point. I never throw the stamped items away; I just put them in a little basket I have on my work table. When I'm working on a scrapbook layout, sometimes I can reach into that little basket and find just the perfect little thing for my page.

The weather was gorgeous here today (in the 90's) - I didn't discover it until dusk when I took the garbage out. I'll try to do yard-work tomorrow after work if the temperatures stay this perfect. Otherwise, it was a pretty normal Sunday here. I did some stamping, laundry, and had a shredding party. While looking for something yesterday in my 4-drawer lateral filing cabinet, I realized that I had old work-related expense reports from the early 1990's! Really!? Who would bother with those 15 - 19 years later? So, I sure hope I was right - because they're gone. Kathi had the idea of a lavender scented bath, I think Kathi is a genius and am going to imitate her (again!). Have a wonderful week - "see" you later!

4 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Great calendar page, Sharli! Perfect papers for those turtle photos. My bath was wonderful even though I'm still awake. So much for genius. LOL. Have a good week, friend!

Jeanne said...

Great page! How neat that she laid her eggs so close. How long does it take for them to hatch, do you know?

I agree that Kathi is a genius!

Have a super week!

Julia Aston said...

I love the design of your page Sharli - and how fun that you had that turtle there! hope her eggs all hatch and scramble off to safety (where ever that is!)

Deb Neerman said...

GREAT LO Sharli!!! Real shows off your photos well!