Thursday, June 18, 2009

Be the Match





This week I signed up to be a possible bone marrow donor. You can too!
There is a drive going on to register donors. If you sign up they will send you a packet of information and four Q-tip type swabs to rub your gums with - they use the cells collected on these swabs to perform HLA tests to see what your "type" is. It doesn't cost anything to check it out, and if you do become "THE MATCH" for someone, it might mean that you would save their life. Literally.

Visit: www.bethematch.org between June 8 - 22
The promotion codes I have are: hope1 and hope2 (no spaces)
Questions? Call Aubrie at 602-277-1390 or Oscar 602-277-1002


David and I thank you.

2 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

What a worthy cause. I'll check it out, although some of this stuff doesn't work for those of us who live SO far from any type of major medical facility. It's a bummer.

Lori said...

That's very nice of you to volunteer. I didn't know it could be so easy. I will have to check it out.