Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Before and After















I've seen a few brave artists post "before" and "after" photos of things they've created. I've never done this - and am prepared to be laughed at! Truly - I laughed myself at the first card! It's so off balance it's almost silly looking. The second card isn't much better to be honest - but is "passable". I'll leave it alone now - but I wanted to show you that the creative process requires many a few "do-overs"!

CTMH: Treetops, Airmail, You are Beautiful stamps. Garden Green, Bamboo, and Chocolate inks and cardstock. The flower is Petal and Pansy Purple with the waterbrush.

Work was wonderful today. I am so blessed to work somewhere with nice people, a focus on quality, and time to do my job correctly. I love that I am respected at work, and I love that I can continue to learn and grow. Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Sharli, you are too funny. I didn't notice anything wrong with the first card.

Kathi Carlson said...

Your card (your do-over) is lovely. I love the way you did the sentiment. Your original is certainly not the worst I've seen either. Again, glad to hear you had a good day. You're lucky to work at a place you love.

Unknown said...

Sharli, I must have a ton of "practice" cards and layouts! Life and scrapping is a journey...I think your cards are beautiful! We just need to keep laughing at ourselves, love ourselves, and do what a gardener does--keep moving things around till we get the best effect! Happy day! :D