Thursday, June 18, 2009

PBMT Day 4

I spent the afternoon at the hospital today so I did get to see David. He's so brave and positive. Absolutely inspiring! This was the card for today - and I learned that he has been getting the cards I've sent via interoffice mail. :-)

Close to My Heart stamp sets Treasure Life (I've used this set so much it's a lovely amber color now!) and Airmail with Bamboo, Chocolate, Desert Sand and Crystal Blue colors.

One of the things I do often at work is attend meetings. Many of the meetings are teleconferenced, but quite a few are also video-conferenced. This morning I had an important 7 AM video-conference meeting that didn't ever get off the ground - we had no audio signal on our end. The media services staff worked on it for about 20 minutes before we gave up. It was pretty funny - our group trying to send messages to the other side. Like playing Charades! I know many in the group were frustrated because it wasted precious time - but I thought it was kind of entertaining myself. (sometimes we take ourselves way too seriously).

Have a wonderful evening!

4 comments:

Jamie Harder said...

Fabulous card!! That stamp set will forever be one of my all time FAVES!!

Kathi Carlson said...

Beautiful card, Sharli! Lovely colors, and that stamp set is the best. As for your teleconference, technology doesn't always work, and amusement is much healthier than annoyance! You had the right attitude. Enjoy your Friday!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful card and, thanks to Kathi, I can case this if I want! (which may end up being the "case")

You absolutely had the right attitude when it came to the technology issues.

Have a wonderful day!

Alanna said...

This is so pretty. I love that stamp set, although I never ended up getting it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for leaving such a nice and uplifting comment. I'll be coming back to your blog for sure as it looks like you've got a lot of great art on here.