Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sympathy

I worked a half-day today (dentist appointment) and came home to nap after the experience. I slept fitfully, and awoke with a vision of chocolate brown and blush in my head. This card is not exactly what I was dreaming of, but it looks good and it is the right colors!

Stamps - Papertrey's "Out On A Limb" and the papers/inks are Close to My Heart "Adorable" and Chocolate / Blush. The ribbon was a steal find at the closing of a local art store. I bought all they had in every color combination. When you touch it, it feels so soft - like butter. There is nothing quite like exquisite ribbon.

So, the dentist? I hate to admit it, but I hadn't been to the dentist in over 10 years. I can't even remember the name of the dentist I last saw. I'm sure that's like the way you don't remember the pain of childbirth - too horrible to keep around in your head. I did a little homework and found someone promising - I have to admit, I like him. He was kind and gentle. He will help me feel better. I think we finally know what is causing my horrible headaches! I'm scheduled for a root canal and crown next week. Somehow just knowing that we will fix it next week gives me strength to keep going.
Wishing you a happy Friday!

2 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Gorgeous card! Out on a Limb is one of my favorite sets. Pretty ribbon. I can see why you snapped it up! I am so with you on the dentist and rate it right up there with giving birth. Ugh! I do hope this takes care of your headaches. It'll be worth it. Have a great Friday, friend!

Jeanne said...

Wow, this is beautiful! I love those colors, a soft and comforting feel.

I do hope that you find relief from the headaches and that this dentist will help you start going regularly. Not the most fun thing to do, but it's amazing how teeth can affect your overall health. I saw how miserable my dad was, as I was growing up, from not taking care of his teeth. Not pretty.

Hope you have a great weekend...