Friday, June 26, 2009

PBMT Day 12

I worked at the hospital this afternoon and slipped upstairs to visit David between meetings. He was asleep - so I left the card on his isolation cart. The next nurse that goes into his room will take it in to him. I'm glad he's finally able to nap - he hasn't gotten much sleep and mentioned that he is fatigued.

Glorious, wonderful Friday at last! It was another l-o-n-g day at work, and I had a late meeting that kept me from my beloved Yoga class, but I can practice in the craft room (I just push the table to one side and lock the cats out of the room!). I need to stretch out - we're threatened by THUNDERSTORMS and my "achy" parts are telling me all about it! I've got a busy weekend (which is both good and bad). I tend to over-book myself; I guard my time very carefully but sometimes you just can't help it. I will be attending a memorial service mid-day (that one prempted my hair appointment). At church Sunday morning I'm launching the Back-to-School project that our Outreach Committee does each year. I'll be there from about 8:30 - Noon. Then rush back to the house for Open Stamping with my friends. I'll have to go back to work on Monday just to get some rest!

About the card? This one was a "card-in-a-bag" swap and it was designed by a CTMH "sister" Chantelle Husband. What we do with this kind of swap is we make one card as the example, and prep for the other cards. When the group gets together, we set up card stations and actually make the card for ourselves with the kits that the other consultant made. I love this kind of swap because we get to stamp together, and I usually learn a new trick from the others.

Well - I'll post over the weekend if at all possible! Take care!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

great card. I like that idea of card-in-a-bag. Hope your weekend isn't as hectic as it sounds.

Jeanne said...

This is a great, happy card!

Wow...sounds like you are in for a doozy of a weekend. I hear you on life sometimes piling on the activities in one swoop. Hope you are able to get it all done and not be too exhausted at the end of it!

Unknown said...

What a cheerful card--it's great to get home and get back to blog hopping & find your posts! While away, I participated in my first ever card swap, and it was so fun! I came home with 12 new cards from four of the new papers. :D Happy new week--go to work to rest!