Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunglasses alert!

You'll need your sunglasses to look at this post of my weekly planner page! It's BRIGHT! My planner is FULL. I'm only 1/2 way through the year but the added layers of paper, ribbons, embellishments, etc. have just expanded the book SO much! I think I'll un-do the spiral and move the second half to a new binding at the end of this month. All I need is to add a new cover page and a new back sheet.

The journaling tells the story - Chloe is good for hauling things! The paper was retired Close to My Heart background & texture paper. The ribbon I found at least a year ago and put away for a "Chloe" page.

I spent most of the morning with David. He was receiving chemo and I was just keeping him company. He has done so well with this - I'm very proud of him! The card for today was one I've already posted on my blog. There are no "fathers" in my life - my Dad and my Step-Dad are both gone - so other than remembering them today, there were no big BBQ's or sports activities. I did some quiet scrapbooking with one of my friends. I hope you enjoyed Father's day with the important men in your lives.

3 comments:

stampmonkey said...

Your page is bright, but it's pretty! At first I thought Chloe was your DD -- my youngest DD is named Chloe. lol I'm surprised that such large items can fit into the back of your darling little bug...and I'm guessing that your itemized list of things that did fit were each taking up occupancy at different times. ;)

Thanks for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog. It enabled me to check out your blog --you do very nice work, Sharli! Hope your friend is feeling okay as he goes through his treatments. We have a fellow church member finishing up his fifth month of chemo. What strength and HOPE it takes to endure!

Jeanne said...

Yep, that's a bright, but FUN page, Sharli! I love that you named your cute bug. My mom had a 68 Mustang that she called Elizabeth. All us kids drove that car. She got old and tired, but always worked for my mom, who would gently rub the dashboard to coax her along. My dad would get impatient and the car would die on him. LOL

Thanks for the quick stroll down memory lane.

Love that you can coax your Chloe into hauling so many large items!

Kathi Carlson said...

Love, love, love it, Sharli! The layout is great - the bright colors perfect! My itty bitty Daewoo (who remains nameless)has a huge trunk that will tote some pretty big stuff, too! Fun!