Wednesday, June 24, 2009

PBMT Day 10

I visited with David this morning - he is 2 days post bone marrow transplant. His color looks better today - and he is still in amazing spirits! There was a HUGE Happy Birthday balloon in his room. This surprised me because I happen to know exactly when David's birthday is - it's the same day as mine, Dec. 26th! He explained that when they transplanted his bone marrow back - he was re-born. So, it's really a Happy Re-Birthday balloon. Isn't that interesting?This card uses another "Solo" letter. What I did with this one was stamp the "T" onto a piece of thin chipboard, then I cut that out. I glued the design paper over the "T" and cut it out again. It is pop-dotted up on the card. The "rees" was stamped onto natural fiber twill ribbon using the alphabet called Precious and Olive ink. I think the rest is self-explanatory.

It was a good day! I finally got the new lenses for my glasses (the prescription was wrong) and they seem much better. I'm hopeful! Hope you had a great beginning of your week and that you enjoy Thursday and Friday!

4 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

This is a great card, Sharli! Love the stamping on the twill and your use of the Solo T. Mine don't see nearly enough ink. You know ... the so many stamps, so little time story. LOL. Glad to hear David's spirits are good. Enjoy Thursday!!

Kris said...

All of these PBMT posts are cracking me up, 'cause I have all the same cards!!! I guess we've done a lot of the same swaps over the years. I haven't seen any of my cards though, I know you just can't bear to part with those ;)

Scossie Jane said...

Loving your PBMT idea, I'm sure David really appreciates it, I'm following his progress xx

Thanks for dropping over to my blog and your lovely comments. You should source the letters on the NET and read them, let me know how you go, they make really interesting reading. Such a pity the written letter is nearly a thing of the past.....

Hugs Jane xx

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Kris, you make me laugh out loud! Of course I still have all of your cards - they are the gemstones of my collection! I'm not giving THOSE up! Besides, I need to have them near for when I want to "R&D" them!