Friday, June 5, 2009

It's A Boy!

No, As far as I know, he's not here quite yet - but they are inducing Pam's DD today so he may be born on Saturday! I am so exciting, waiting for word from one of my friends that her 1st Grandchild has arrived. This card doesn't actually have ANY stamping on it. The boat was paper pieced from shapes, the sayings were computer generated and the only ink I applied to the paper was to edge and draw in some stitching lines. Oh, and remember that one of my objectives in doing this blog was to improve my photography skills? It's amazing to me what you "see" with the camera that you don't "see" with your eyes! For instance, the card looked perfectly fine on the black background in real life . . .

Yoga tonight was "mellow". Our instructor gently chided us saying that there was "low energy" in the room. No kidding! I think the 6 brave souls that came tonight would have rather spent the entire 90 minutes in the "final resting pose"!!! But, having said that, we actually did many balance poses tonight and I was stronger and steadier than usual. A good practice today.

Tomorrow is the bi-monthly CTMH Unit meeting where we get togther and swap cards, share pot-luck lunch, and share ideas and projects. My unit sisters are very special to me and I look forward to our meetings very much.
I'll try to post tomorrow with some of the inspirations from the day!

Namaste. (which means roughly, "the light within me honors the light within you")

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

I think this card looks terrific! Love the little sail boat, the colors and those buttons. Great job!

Kathi Carlson said...

This is a wonderful card, Sharli! Love the paper-pieced sailboat. The papers are great. Enjoy your weekend, and I'll look forward to tomorrow's post. Take care.