Tuesday, June 30, 2009

PBMT Day 16

Where does the time go??? Work is getting in the way of my getting to visit David. I'm going to be at the hospital again tomorrow though and will find him awake some time during the day - I'm sure! This card is another one from my "stash" of not-too-girly cards. The inside says "anything is possible, the power is already inside you". That seems fitting for someone who has been "re-birthday'd" (i.e. new bone marrow).

This is a short week at work but you know how that goes! I'm falling behind here! I should tell you about last night though - because that was really special. A family from my church organized a group of us to provide, prepare, and serve dinner to 90 men living at a shelter. I've been there before - 4 years ago - and remembered how grateful the men were. Nothing has changed. It is humbling to give to people who have less than you, and realize that in many ways they actually have more. Certainly more strength, more courage, more willingness to work. Definitely a sense of team - in this boat together and willing to take turns and eager to help. They nearly fell over each other for the honor of saying the blessing before the meal. They looked you in the eyes and said "thank you" for every small gesture. I came away much richer than I was when I arrived.

Hope your week is good!

2 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Fun card, Sharli! That paper is still one of my all-time favorites.

That had to have been a heartwarming experience at the shelter. Good for you, sweet friend!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, so kewl; love this!!!