Friday, June 19, 2009

PBMT Day 5


This is the card I sent for Day 5. I will go visit David tomorrow . . .

I actually taught this as a technique first and made it into a card later! We were learning how to do emerging color. It's very fun! In a nutshell, you stamp some images on white daisy cardstock, and you clear emboss some images, randomly crossing over some of the colors you stamped (such as the sentiment in this example). Heat set it, let it cool a moment, then with a sponge, rub color in over the top. Everywhere you used clear embossing it will stay white. The stamped parts show through and the colors you add on top can be quite a variety of looks.


Close to my Heart: Treasure Life stamp set; Crystal Blue, Sweet Leaf and Chocolate inks and cardstock. Clear embossing powder.

Don't tell anyone, I wouldn't want it to get out (!) but we've been having the strangest weather this summer!!! June has been beautiful! Today the high was 9 degrees below the average for this day. It was only 95. You may be laughing when I say "only 95" but let me tell you, in the desert, 95 is very comfortable. 105 is pretty hot and 115 is awful. I lived through 122 here - and that was downright intolerable. My heart goes out to the people who have to wear uniforms (like police or fire-fighters) with heavy equipment, belts, protective vests and such - I can just imagine how they have to wring their clothes out when they take them off! Ok, with that image in my head - I'm going to play in the craft room where it's a perfect 75 degrees!


4 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors! Our weather has finally straightened out, thankfully! One thing we don't want to miss in Minnesota is summer! Enjoy the weekend!!

Laurel said...

Wow, this is a beautiful card!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful card! Those colors are so serene and soothing.

Had to check where you lived again. Sounded like Death Valley! LOL I lived in the High Desert in CA for 5 years (grew up in SoCal) so I DO understand heat. "But it's a dry heat" is what we always said. I still say that when it gets hotter 'n heck here in the Denver area...it's way easier to tolerate than humidity, in my opinion though. Although 122 is more than I'm willing to handle!

Lori said...

What a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing the technique. I am going to have to give it a try. Enjoy the weather. I could never imagine any day as hot as 122!!!