Monday, June 15, 2009

Project Bone Marrow Transplant! (PBMT) Day 1

If I ever get really sick, I want to be like David. He is the most positive person - brave and cracking jokes with everyone. He knows he's in good hands and he appreciates everything (even a card!). We'll see how he feels at the end of this card adventure - he may run screaming from the hospital to get away from them all! This one was copied right out of the Close to My Heart catalog so I didn't sign the photo. I stamped "Believe in Yourself" on the inside. I probably won't remember all the sentiments long enough to document them - but there was an amazing number that seemed appropriate in one way or another.

The second thing I want to share is a Bella card I made over the weekend. (Love that Bella Paper!) I used liquid glass in the middle of the big sunflower, and the hollyhock color dew-drops in the middle of the hollyhock flowers. This was a 10 minute card - except for the drying time!

I had lunch with my friend Pam today - her new grandson is the cutest "Gerber baby" ever!!! She brought a small brag-book - and just beams with joy while I look and discover this new love in her life! What a blessing!

3 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Two beautiful cards and a "feel good" post. Your friend's positive attitude will be a big plus in beating whatever it is that ails him. As for Pam, it sounds like she's fallen under the spell of an itty bitty little boy. I know exactly how she feels. About Sharli, she celebrates the joy and goodness in others, which is exactly what makes YOU so special. That was kinda mushy ... but true!

Jeanne said...

Okay, I cannot come up with any better or more true words than Kathi has written. So, I'm left with just..."ditto." *Ü*

Hugs!

Julia Aston said...

What a pretty pair of cards Sharli! sure to cheer up your friend!