Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hot Air Balloon!

There is a new stamp set out there (Verve's Up, Up, and Away) that has Hot Air Balloons - I was inspired by one of the artists with this design (sure wish I could remember WHO so I could link you here?!) - and since I didn't have the stamps, I improvised! Interesting discovery - I've "always" used the round sponge cut into a little wedge (like a piece of cheddar from a cheese wheel?) to sponge inks onto my paper. For this card, I grabbed the sponge on a handle tool out of my distressing toolkit. Man-oh-man, I like this tool!!! It gave me more control and was less tiring on my hands. It's a little hard to see, but there is blue in the sky of both image plates. The balloon and basket are pop-dotted up and the ropes were wire in my first incarnation, and became black waxy flax for this card. (my first card the balloon was too small! Yikes!) Someday I'll break down and try Copics - the coloring could have been so much better.

CTMH: Sarsparilla and Game On papers, Heavenly Blue, Olive, Bamboo, and Chocolate inks. LSS ribbon and a button from my button box with hemp.

3 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

This card oozes of creativity, and I LOVE it!I do so little improvising these days and was so much more creative when I did ... back in the days before I had everything ... well, maybe not everything. LOL. Enjoy your Thursday!!

Unknown said...

Oh, Sharli, I love it! You've loaded the card with great colors and textures! The cheddar wedge for your sponging the color is such a great tip, thanks. I haven't tried Copics yet either, but it's on my "duit" list. Have you ever taken a hot air balloon ride?

Curt in Indy said...

Sharli, you are so creative! I honestly love the balloon you created better than the stamped ones! Your layout for this card is simply wonderful! Great job! Best, Curt