Monday, June 1, 2009

Inspired by Julia Aston!

I even signed the photo as such - because other than using my Close to My Heart stars, the entire card is a complete rip-off of Julia's!!! I did pretty good, huh?! ;-)

CTMH: Wishing Star, You Make me Happy stamp sets, Cranberry, Moonstruck inks.

Today was good - busy and productive at work, and I made my favorite soup (Refrigerator soup) for dinner and ran a load of laundry! There are no refrigerators in Refrigerator Soup. What goes into the soup is all the vegetables in the refrigerator that are begging to be eaten before they spoil (which when you live alone, is most of them!). I add a little grilled chicken, low-salt broth, tarragon, thyme, coriander, and 2 cloves of crushed garlic. It makes the whole house smell divine, and is very satisfying. It never turns out the same, although usually close, because I don't measure anything - I just clean, chop, pinch and toss. I cool and then freeze the leftovers (usually 3 more meals) and when those are all gone, it's time to make Refrigerator Soup again!

Have a wonderful evening - "see" you again soon!

2 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Your card is lovely as is Julia's! I love red, white, and blue and by hook or by crook, I am going to make a round card before this week is over! I'll be the last in the blogosphere. LOL. Your refrigerator soup sounds divine! I could live on soup and salad. Unfortunately, that wouldn't fly with my carnivorous husband who would have made a great caveman. At least,he doesn't drag is woman around by her hair. LOL. I'm glad to hear you had a good day. Hope it turns into a wonderful week!

Jeanne said...

What a lovely card! Since I'm the world's all time biggest copier, I say let go of the guilt and have fun creating!

Lovely blog, btw!